To join the Parallel Program at UJ; a student must be holding a General Secondary Certificate (Tawjihi) or equivalent. Students holding foreign certificates (British GCE, American SAT, International baccalaureate…etc) can apply but are required to submit an equivalent to their certificate issued by the Ministry of Education in Jordan, whether the certificate is obtained inside the kingdom or abroad.
· High school certificate/ diploma, scientific stream (A student is eligible for admission to all programs).
· Or a High school certificate/ diploma, literary stream (A student is eligible for admission to humanitarian programs).
· Other streams’ certificates can be accepted according to the available programs (if obtained abroad a student needs to demonstrate that it qualifies him/ her for admission at a university in the state where issued.
The minimum rates of secondary school certificate required to apply for enrollment in the faculties are AS FOLLOWS:
- Faculty of medicine and dentistry (85%)
- Faculty of pharmacy and faculty of engineering (80%)
- Medical analysis and faculty of rehabilitation sciences (75%)
- Faculty of agriculture, faculty of law, and faculty of nursing (70%)
- The rest of faculties require a rate of 65% and above.
Students holding a Community College Diploma (C.C.D) or equivalent can be admitted (to counterpart programs) according to the following conditions:
· A student is a holder of a Jordanian Secondary School Certificate or “official” equivalent.
· Student’s average at (C.C.D) must not be less than good or less than (70%) for engineering and pharmacy faculties, (68%) the rest of faculities.
· If a student has obtained the (C.C.D) from abroad he/she needs to equalize the diploma from The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Jordan and pass the admission test placed by Al-Balqa Applied University.
How to transfer a course previously studied in a different institution?
1. The course must be included in the study plan of the target (new) program and the student must have passed the course.
2. Grades of previously studied courses are not to be counted (only credit hours will be transferred)
3. Amount of credit hours of the transferred course must be at equal with its similar at the new study plan.
4. Transferred hours should not be more than 45 hours for two years diploma programs, and not more than 55 hours for three years diploma programs.
Admission to the parallel program is competitive, according to students’ General Secondary School (Tawjihi) averages and university’s standards.
Students enrolled at the Parallel Program are not allowed to switch to the Regular Program.
Students who wish to transfer from another university to UJ must present a written proof that he/she was not dismissed from the previous university for disciplinary reasons (Good Reputation and Conduct document).