Free study is a system that allows for individuals to study at the University of Jordan for the following purposes:
1. Undergraduate students enrolled in a university or any higher educational institute in Jordan or abroad and wish to study some courses at UJ for one semester or more.
2. Students wishing to apply for admission at UJ in the future.
3. Individuals wishing to deepen their knowledge in a certain specialty to improve their skills, performances or widen their understanding.
How and when to apply?
To apply for Free Study in the first or second semester you need to:
1. Submit a formal request directed to the president of UJ.
2. Upon acceptance, proceed with the Admission and Registration Unit to complete your registration.
To apply for Free study during the summer semester you need to:
1. Follow the Admission and Registration Unit’s announcements to find out about the submission of application dates.
2. Proceed directly with the Admission and Registration Unit to complete your registration.
1. General Secondary School certificate or equivalent with an average not less than the minimum average set for each program at the undergraduate level.
2. A university degree or equivalent rating “Good” to study courses from the Master’s level.
3. A Master degree or equivalent rating “Very Good” to study courses from the PhD level.
· The above requirements are not applicable to degree seeking students in another university or higher institute, or students don’t wish to calculate course hours for the purpose of earning a degree.
· Students are given an official transcript at the end of the semester (transcript fee is 5 JDs).
· Students wish to attend courses at UJ and don’t meet the above conditions can be registered as listeners only.
· All rules and regulations regarding attendance, exams, scores and disciplinary measures at UJ are applicable to students enrolled for Free Study.
· All services and facilities are open to students who are enrolled for Free Study and they are granted UJ’s identity card to benefit from such facilities.
Maximum Academic load per semester:
· 18 credit hours for courses from the undergraduate level.
· 12 credit hours for courses from the postgraduate level.
· Undergraduate students are treated as the same as students enrolled at the Parallel Program in terms of the tuition fees.
· Vocational and higher diploma students are treated as the same as students at the Regular Program in terms of the tuition fees.
· Postgraduate students (master’s and doctoral level):
A. Students pay twice the fees paid by regular students enrolled at a postgraduate program for those paying in Jordanian Dinars.
B. Students who pay their fees in USD, pay the same tuition fees paid by students enrolled at the International Students Program (see postgraduate page)
· Other registration fees, medical insurance fees are to be added to the credit hours fees mentioned above.
A copy of the Civil Affairs Identification card and birth certificate both authenticated by the Department of Civil Affairs (for Jordanians).
A copy of the passport (for non-Jordanians).
Original Secondary School transcript (Tawjihi) or equivalent, or a university degree transcript or equivalent.
A Student Acknowledgment document, to certify that a student is enrolled in an academic institution (for those who are regular students in another university or institute).